• Noun: a member of an indigenous nomadic people living in northern Scandinavia and herding reindeer
• Noun: the language of nomadic Lapps in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula
• Adj: same in identity; examples: "the same man I saw yesterday", "never wore the same dress twice", "this road is the same one we were on yesterday", "on the same side of the street"
• Adj: closely similar or comparable in kind or quality or quantity or degree; examples: "curtains the same color as the walls", "two girls of the same age", "mother and son have the same blue eyes", "animals of the same species", "the same rules as before", "two boxes having the same dimensions", "the same day next year"
• Adj: equal in amount or value; examples: "like amounts", "equivalent amounts", "the same amount", "gave one six blows and the other a like number", "an equal number", "the same number"
• Adj: unchanged in character or nature; examples: "the village stayed the same", "his attitude is the same as ever"
Even if you walk exactly the same route each time - as with a sonnet - the events along the route cannot be imagined to be the same from day to day, as the poet's health, sight, his anticipations, moods, fears, thoughts cannot be the same.
Even though Jack Kennedy and I were about the same age and lived in the same neighborhood and attended the same elementary school, our paths seldom crossed during the years he lived in Brookline. I'm sure that in time, I would have gotten to know him better if he hadn't moved away.
We think the whole world's going to change, and forget that human beings are still human beings; we have the same five senses, we still interact the same way, we still love and hate the same way, but marketers lose track of that. But then it comes down to earth.
I always want to do things that are different. I don't want to be doing the same thing, the same performance constantly, and it feels like most people tell you that they are the same. However different you feel might approach them.
Any material may be used but the theme is the same and the response is the same for all artwork... we all have the same concern, but the artist must know exactly what the experience is. He must pursue the truth relentlessly.
I love wearing the exact same thing all the time because I think it makes you like a cartoon character. They always wear the same outfit and everybody always remembers them for it, so I feel like I should do the same thing.
But again, we, I think, over the years have set the example for a lot of nations that may not have had the same values, the same type of coming out of the same culture that we as Americans have and enjoy. But we can be an example, a role model for them.
A close friend of mine, Annie Leibovitz, who I've known for forty years, photographs celebrities every single day of the week but they all seem to look the same even though she's one of the most creative photographers alive. They all just look the same. Brad Pitt is a great actor but all the pictures of Brad Pitt look the same.
I also like to look at the dynamic that takes place between religion and science because, in a way, both are asking the same questions: Who are we? Where do we come from? Why are we here? Where are we going? The methodologies are diametrically opposed, but their motivation is the same; the wellspring is the same in both cases.
When the legislative and executive powers are united in the same person, or in the same body of magistrates, there can be no liberty; because apprehensions may arise, lest the same monarch or senate should enact tyrannical laws, to execute them in a tyrannical manner.