Sell also: ascertain, assure, attend, catch, check, consider, construe, control, date, determine, discover, encounter, ensure, envision, escort, examine, experience, fancy, figure, find, hear, image, insure, interpret, learn, look, meet, picture, project, realise, realize, reckon, regard, undergo, understand, view, visit, visualise, visualize, watch, witness
• Noun: the seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located
• Verb: perceive by sight or have the power to perceive by sight; examples: "You have to be a good observer to see all the details", "Can you see the bird in that tree?", "He is blind--he cannot see"
• Verb: perceive (an idea or situation) mentally; examples: "Now I see!", "I just can't see your point", "Does she realize how important this decision is?", "I don't understand the idea"
• Verb: perceive or be contemporaneous with; examples: "We found Republicans winning the offices", "You'll see a lot of cheating in this school", "The 1960's saw the rebellion of the younger generation against established traditions", "I want to see results"
• Verb: imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; examples: "I can't see him on horseback!", "I can see what will happen", "I can see a risk in this strategy"
• Verb: deem to be; examples: "She views this quite differently from me", "I consider her to be shallow", "I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
• Verb: get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally; examples: "I learned that she has two grown-up children", "I see that you have been promoted"
• Verb: see or watch; examples: "view a show on television", "This program will be seen all over the world", "view an exhibition", "Catch a show on Broadway", "see a movie"
• Verb: find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; examples: "I want to see whether she speaks French", "See whether it works", "find out if he speaks Russian", "Check whether the train leaves on time"
• Verb: come together; examples: "I'll probably see you at the meeting", "How nice to see you again!"
• Verb: be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; examples: "He verified that the valves were closed", "See that the curtains are closed", "control the quality of the product"
• Verb: go to see for professional or business reasons; examples: "You should see a lawyer", "We had to see a psychiatrist"
• Verb: go to see for a social visit; example: "I went to see my friend Mary the other day"
• Verb: visit a place, as for entertainment; example: "We went to see the Eiffel Tower in the morning"
• Verb: take charge of or deal with; examples: "Could you see about lunch?", "I must attend to this matter", "She took care of this business"
• Verb: receive as a specified guest; examples: "the doctor will see you now", "The minister doesn't see anybody before noon"
• Verb: date regularly; have a steady relationship with; examples: "Did you know that she is seeing an older man?", "He is dating his former wife again!"
• Verb: see and understand, have a good eye; example: "The artist must first learn to see"
• Verb: deliberate or decide; examples: "See whether you can come tomorrow", "let's see--which movie should we see tonight?"
• Verb: observe as if with an eye; example: "The camera saw the burglary and recorded it"
• Verb: observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect; examples: "The customs agent examined the baggage", "I must see your passport before you can enter the country"
• Verb: go or live through; examples: "We had many trials to go through", "he saw action in Viet Nam"
• Verb: accompany or escort; example: "I'll see you to the door"
• Verb: match or meet; example: "I saw the bet of one of my fellow players"
• Verb: make sense of; assign a meaning to; examples: "What message do you see in this letter?", "How do you interpret his behavior?"
Let me tell you who we conservatives are: we love people. When we look out over the United States of America, when we are anywhere, when we see a group of people, such as this or anywhere, we see Americans. We see human beings. We don't see groups. We don't see victims.
When you're in the muck you can only see muck. If you somehow manage to float above it, you still see the muck but you see it from a different perspective. And you see other things too. That's the consolation of philosophy.
I want to see a player on the football field. I want to see what kind of teammate they are, what kind of leadership qualities they have. I want to see how aggressive they are, how much fun they have playing the game.
I watch these actors who when you go to buy a pint of milk you see them smiling on the cover of 20 magazines. Then when you see them in a film it's hard to believe the character because you just see them everywhere.
I don't want to compare myself to him - I don't want people to see me as this great genius - but when I see Charlie Chaplin's movies there is a combination of drama, naivety and social meaning that I can see in myself, at a different level.
Well, a special screening was set up for government officials, so they didn't have to see the experience of going to see the film. They certainly aren't going to the projects to see for themselves the situation.
I haven't seen Clones, which has been during this period when I haven't seen much of anything, but I did see Phantom Menace, and see my feelings about it - see, first of all, I think that when you make a lot of movies, your attitude about the movies changes.
I grew up never seeing myself on-screen, and it's really important to me to give people who look like me a chance to see themselves. I want to see myself as the hero of any story. I want to see myself save the world from the bomb.
The older I grow the more I see the influence of my family on my life. I didn't always see it. It was up to our parents to see that we had our education in a town that hadn't yet realized what racial prejudice was but actually knew and practiced it on occasion.
Doubt yourself and you doubt everything you see. Judge yourself and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment. And you can see forever.
You know, when we were kids, we had to go to a theater to see a movie. And then television came in and you had to wait until midnight to see the one you wanted to see. Now, all you've got to do is go to a store and buy it and you can watch it whenever you want!