• Adj: quantifier; used with either mass nouns or plural count nouns to indicate an unspecified number or quantity; examples: "have some milk", "some roses were still blooming", "having some friends over", "some apples", "some paper"
• Adj: relatively many but unspecified in number; examples: "they were here for some weeks", "we did not meet again for some years"
• Adj: remarkable; examples: "that was some party", "she is some skier"
• Adj: relatively much but unspecified in amount or extent; examples: "we talked for some time", "he was still some distance away"
• Adv: (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct; examples: "lasted approximately an hour", "in just about a minute", "he's about 30 years old", "I've had about all I can stand", "we meet about once a month", "some forty people came", "weighs around a hundred pounds", "roughly $3,000", "holds 3 gallons, more or less", "20 or so people were at the party"
All phenomena are real in some sense, unreal in some sense, meaningless in some sense, real and meaningless in some sense, unreal and meaningless in some sense, and real and unreal and meaningless in some sense.
Some go on to trade schools or get further training for jobs they are interested in. Some go into the arts, some are craftsmen, some take a little time out to travel, and some start their own businesses. But our graduates find and work at what they want to do.
I grew up with a lot of guys, some of them are dead, some of them are this and some of them that, and some of them very, very powerful, bright young men, who became this instead of that simply because of a lack of guidance - that's all.
I've run a lot of miles over the years, some fast and some not so fast. I've won some big races and I've had some big disappointments, but I enjoy the freedom of running and the challenge of training and competition as much now as when I first started back in high school.
The ability to think straight, some knowledge of the past, some vision of the future, some skill to do useful service, some urge to fit that service into the well-being of the community - these are the most vital things education must try to produce.
Some white people hate black people, and some white people love black people, some black people hate white people, and some black people love white people. So you see it's not an issue of black and white, it's an issue of Lovers and Haters.
Some people have therapy, some people are alcoholics or they're in AA. Some people jump out of planes on weekends or find ways to release this kind of thing. And for me, it's acting. I find acting very therapeutic for whatever it is.