Sell also: about, approximately, around, roughly
• Adj: quantifier; used with either mass nouns or plural count nouns to indicate an unspecified number or quantity; examples: "have some milk", "some roses were still blooming", "having some friends over", "some apples", "some paper"
• Adj: relatively many but unspecified in number; examples: "they were here for some weeks", "we did not meet again for some years"
• Adj: remarkable; examples: "that was some party", "she is some skier"
• Adj: relatively much but unspecified in amount or extent; examples: "we talked for some time", "he was still some distance away"
• Adv: (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct; examples: "lasted approximately an hour", "in just about a minute", "he's about 30 years old", "I've had about all I can stand", "we meet about once a month", "some forty people came", "weighs around a hundred pounds", "roughly $3,000", "holds 3 gallons, more or less", "20 or so people were at the party"
All phenomena are real in some sense, unreal in some sense, meaningless in some sense, real and meaningless in some sense, unreal and meaningless in some sense, and real and unreal and meaningless in some sense.
Some go on to trade schools or get further training for jobs they are interested in. Some go into the arts, some are craftsmen, some take a little time out to travel, and some start their own businesses. But our graduates find and work at what they want to do.
Some day Love shall claim his own Some day Right ascend his throne, Some day hidden Truth be known; Some day - some sweet day.
Some had the custom of receiving the Eucharist daily, some twice a week, some on the Lord's day, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, some only on the Lord's Day.
God employs several translators; some pieces are translated by age, some by sickness, some by war, some by justice.
Some white people hate black people, and some white people love black people, some black people hate white people, and some black people love white people. So you see it's not an issue of black and white, it's an issue of Lovers and Haters.
For life is but a dream whose shapes return, some frequently, some seldom, some by night and some by day.
I love the protest signs protected by the First Amendment - some of them humorous, some of them passionate, some factual, some entirely incorrect - all of them free ideas.
Maybe if you and ten of your friends could pool your savings and borrow some money and actually buy some obscure station in Sonoma, and then take some chances and have some fun.
Some people play the piano, some do Sudoku, some watch television, some people go out to dinner parties. I write books.
People are people the world over. Some are good, some bad, some greedy and some generous. Nations are like people and act the same way.
The ability to think straight, some knowledge of the past, some vision of the future, some skill to do useful service, some urge to fit that service into the well-being of the community - these are the most vital things education must try to produce.
I've run a lot of miles over the years, some fast and some not so fast. I've won some big races and I've had some big disappointments, but I enjoy the freedom of running and the challenge of training and competition as much now as when I first started back in high school.
I grew up with a lot of guys, some of them are dead, some of them are this and some of them that, and some of them very, very powerful, bright young men, who became this instead of that simply because of a lack of guidance - that's all.
But, on balance, we seized the marketplace. We've got a great infrastructure. And yes it's struggling in some areas because of some external factors and some internal factors.
When al-Qaeda was on the run from Afghanistan crossing through Iran, some were arrested and they are imprisoned. Some of them are charged with some actions in Iran.
That's what I do... Some people smoke weed, some people smoke cigarettes, some people snort coke... I pop pills, I smoke and I drink syrup, that's my twist.
Some of the reviewers wanted less. Some wanted lots more. Some wanted lots more of something else. But these strips are exactly what they are.
We're taking up some science experiments, some crystal growth things, we have a refrigerator that carries up some samples, new samples that go into the station, we bring the old ones home; we have a lot of clothing, we have a lot of food-U.S. and Russian food.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.