• Noun: distance travelled per unit time
• Noun: a rate (usually rapid) at which something happens; example: "the project advanced with gratifying speed"
• Noun: changing location rapidly
• Noun: the ratio of the focal length to the diameter of a (camera) lens system
• Noun: a central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite; used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression
• Verb: step on it; examples: "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests", "The cars raced down the street"
• Verb: move faster; example: "The car accelerated"
• Verb: travel at an excessive or illegal velocity; example: "I got a ticket for speeding"
• Verb: move very fast; example: "The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed"
• Verb: cause to move faster; example: "He accelerated the car"
As we've gotten more successful, there's a gap between the speed of our publishing pipeline and the speed of our receiving submissions pipeline. Our pipeline of leaks has been increasing exponentially as our profile rises, and our ability to publish is increasing linearly.
I was so grateful to have made 'Into the Wild' before I made 'Speed Racer' because on 'Speed Racer' I was indoors every single day, every single scene, on a green screen. Some of the time, just to pass the time, I would think back to climbing mountains in Alaska. That really helped me.