Sell also: athletics, boast, feature, frolic, fun, gambol, lark, mutant, mutation, play, romp, sportsman, variation
• Noun: an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition
• Noun: the occupation of athletes who compete for pay
• Noun: (Maine colloquial) a temporary summer resident of Maine
• Noun: a person known for the way she (or he) behaves when teased or defeated or subjected to trying circumstances; examples: "a good sport", "a poor sport"
• Noun: someone who engages in sports
• Noun: (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
• Noun: verbal wit or mockery (often at another's expense but not to be taken seriously); examples: "he became a figure of fun", "he said it in sport"
• Verb: wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner; example: "she was sporting a new hat"
• Verb: play boisterously; examples: "The children frolicked in the garden", "the gamboling lambs in the meadows", "The toddlers romped in the playroom"
I think sport in general affects what people see in movies. I always try to explain to people in Hollywood that we have to make movies more like sport because, in sport, everything can happen and it's so much better than movies in some ways.
Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps.
It's the only sport that's played in every country in the world. It's played and watched all over the world, it's the most popular sport in probably 90% of the countries, and then with the World Cup, you have the most viewed tournament of any sport in the world.
Football isn't a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport.
I think the sport of wrestling, which I became involved with at the age of 14... I competed until I was 34, kind of old for a contact sport. I coached the sport until I was 47. I think the discipline of wrestling has given me the discipline I have to write.
If you look at the sponsors who were in the sport 15 years ago compared to now there are a lot fewer. Why? Because those runners who took drugs tainted the sport. They tainted all of us in it.
If I look what sport has done in my life, I don't think there's any doubt that sport can change lives.
Biography, like big game hunting, is one of the recognized forms of sport, and it is as unfair as only sport can be.
To me, it doesn't matter how good you are. Sport is all about playing and competing. Whatever you do in cricket and in sport, enjoy it, be positive and try to win.
For me it's a simple sport and a simple way to live these seven or eight years of maximum sport.
Sport must be amateur or it is not sport. Sports played professionally are entertainment.
I love sport because I love life, and sport is one of the basic joys of life.
The thing about sport, any sport, is that swearing is very much part of it.
You'd like more people to recognise what you do is special. But I take the attitude that the best thing I can do for my sport is to be the best at it. The best way people will come to recognise that track and field is a great sport is to see athletes excelling at it. Which is what I intend to do.
Wrestling is a team sport, and an individual sport all rolled into one.
I love to promote our sport. I love grass-roots tennis. I love coaching. I love all parts of the sport. I love the business side.
There are hurdles to overcome in sport and in life. Sport is a very valuable learning ground for how to live your life in the best possible way.
Isn't cricket supposed to be a team sport? I feel people should decide first whether cricket is a team game or an individual sport.
Men are the sport of circumstances when it seems circumstances are the sport of men.
The commercialization of sport is the democratization of sport.