Sell also: durability, effectiveness, force, forte, intensity, persuasiveness, posture, potency, speciality, specialty
• Noun: the property of being physically or mentally strong; example: "fatigue sapped his strength"
• Noun: capability in terms of personnel and materiel that affect the capacity to fight a war; examples: "we faced an army of great strength", "politicians have neglected our military posture"
• Noun: physical energy or intensity; examples: "he hit with all the force he could muster", "it was destroyed by the strength of the gale", "a government has not the vitality and forcefulness of a living man"
• Noun: an asset of special worth or utility; example: "cooking is his forte"
• Noun: the power to induce the taking of a course of action or the embracing of a point of view by means of argument or entreaty; example: "the strength of his argument settled the matter"
• Noun: the amount of energy transmitted (as by acoustic or electromagnetic radiation); examples: "he adjusted the intensity of the sound", "they measured the station's signal strength"
• Noun: capacity to produce strong physiological or chemical effects; examples: "the toxin's potency", "the strength of the drinks"
• Noun: the condition of financial success; example: "the strength of the company's stock in recent weeks"
• Noun: permanence by virtue of the power to resist stress or force; example: "they advertised the durability of their products"
You can have financial strength, professional strength, emotional strength but for me without spiritual strength none of the rest of it matters.
We work to eat to get the strength to work to eat to get the strength to work to eat to get the strength to work to eat to get the strength to work.
And I think we understand we cannot make social change for all workers until we have enough strength, membership strength, and at the same time having membership strength and only making change for a limited group of workers is not what our country really needs for people that work.
Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Mohammed was not an apparent failure. He was a dazzling success, politically as well as spiritually, and Islam went from strength to strength to strength.
When terrorists attacked the symbols of our national unity and strength, they failed to realize that they were just symbols of our strength. The real strength of our nation comes from our people - not our buildings.
Money doesn't mind if we say it's evil, it goes from strength to strength. It's a fiction, an addiction, and a tacit conspiracy.
Our real problem, then, is not our strength today; it is rather the vital necessity of action today to ensure our strength tomorrow.
Once more, Never think that you can live to God by your own power or strength; but always look to and rely on him for assistance, yea, for all strength and grace.
My strength has the strength of ten because my heart is pure.
One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity.
My practicality consists in this, in the knowledge that if you beat your head against the wall it is your head which breaks and not the wall - that is my strength, my only strength.
Ronald Reagan was a president of strength. His philosophy was a philosophy of strength - a strong military, a strong economy and strong families.
Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to.
The basis on which good repute in any highly organized industrial community ultimately rests is pecuniary strength; and the means of showing pecuniary strength, and so of gaining or retaining a good name, are leisure and a conspicuous consumption of goods.
The opponents and I are really one. My strength and skills only half of the equation. The other half is theirs. An opponent is someone whose strength joined to yours creates a certain result.
America's strength is not our diversity; our strength is our ability to unite people of different backgrounds around common principles. A common language is necessary to reach that goal.
Success in golf depends less on strength of body than upon strength of mind and character.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
It does not take much strength to do things, but it requires great strength to decide on what to do.