• Adj: having or feeling no doubt or uncertainty; confident and assured; examples: "felt certain of success", "was sure (or certain) she had seen it", "was very sure in his beliefs", "sure of her friends"
• Adj: exercising or taking care great enough to bring assurance; examples: "be certain to disconnect the iron when you are through", "be sure to lock the doors"
• Adj: certain to occur; destined or inevitable; examples: "he was certain to fail", "his fate is certain", "In this life nothing is certain but death and taxes"- Benjamin Frankli", "he faced certain death", "sudden but sure regret", "he is sure to win"
• Adj: physically secure or dependable; examples: "a sure footing", "was on sure ground"
• Adj: reliable in operation or effect; examples: "a quick and certain remedy", "a sure way to distinguish the two", "wood dust is a sure sign of termites"
• Adj: (of persons) worthy of trust or confidence; example: "a sure (or trusted) friend"
• Adj: infallible or unfailing; example: "a sure (or true) sign of one's commitment"
• Adj: certain not to fail; example: "a sure hand on the throttle"
• Adj: impossible to doubt or dispute; example: "indisputable (or sure) proof"
• Adv: definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely'); examples: "the results are surely encouraging", "she certainly is a hard worker", "it's going to be a good day for sure", "they are coming, for certain", "they thought he had been killed sure enough", "he'll win sure as shooting", "they sure smell good", "sure he'll come"
I see it as one of my jobs to make sure that, it sounds ridiculous, but to make sure the folks are eating, make sure folks are getting enough fluids, make sure folks are, you know, comfortable in the orbiter.
I sure saw a lot of kids that I'm sure didn't know a lot about us, or we were definitely new to them. The kids who came up to me afterward, we'd talk about music, sign a lot of autographs. So I'm sure we made a lot of new fans.
Well, I think the president is going to do well in terms of his influence for positive change here in the Congress, making sure that we don't overspend, making sure that we spend for only those programs that are justified.
We're not leaving; we are just making sure we're not hurt too much by the level of the yen. We are stunned by the yen at 78 or 79 to the dollar, which is a historical high. The country's suffering. My duty is first to make sure Nissan gets unscathed through the turbulence to protect the company, without forgetting the fact we're a Japanese company.
Foolish men imagine that because judgment for an evil thing is delayed, there is no justice; but only accident here below. Judgment for an evil thing is many times delayed some day or two, some century or two, but it is sure as life, it is sure as death.
Forget words like 'hard sell' and 'soft sell.' That will only confuse you. Just be sure your advertising is saying something with substance, something that will inform and serve the consumer, and be sure you're saying it like it's never been said before.
People aren't quite sure what it means when a book is a Booker Prize winner. They're not quite sure what is being recommended, what literary values it stands for, because every year it stands for something different.
I am sure that in Canada the people appreciate this principle, and the general intelligence which prevails over that country is such that I am sure there is no danger of a reactionary policy ever finding a response in the hearts of any considerable number of our people.
And we have done more in the two and a half years that I've been in here than the previous 43 Presidents to uphold that principle, whether it's ending "don't ask, don't tell," making sure that gay and lesbian partners can visit each other in hospitals, making sure that federal benefits can be provided to same-sex couples.