Sell also: admittedly, confessedly, dependable, genuine, honest, key, lawful, reliable, rightful, straight, truthful, unfeigned
• Noun: proper alignment; the property possessed by something that is in correct or proper alignment; example: "out of true"
• Verb: make level, square, balanced, or concentric; example: "true up the cylinder of an engine"
• Adj: consistent with fact or reality; not false; examples: "the story is true", "it is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true"- B. Russel", "the true meaning of the statement"
• Adj: conforming to definitive criteria; examples: "the horseshoe crab is not a true crab", "Pythagoras was the first true mathematician"
• Adj: accurately placed or thrown; examples: "his aim was true", "he was dead on target"
• Adj: devoted (sometimes fanatically) to a cause or concept or truth; example: "true believers bonded together against all who disagreed with them"
• Adj: expressing or given to expressing the truth; examples: "a true statement", "gave truthful testimony", "a truthful person"
• Adj: worthy of being depended on; examples: "a dependable worker", "an honest working stiff", "a reliable source of information", "he was true to his word", "I would be true for there are those who trust me"
• Adj: not pretended; sincerely felt or expressed; examples: "genuine emotion", "her interest in people was unfeigned", "true grief"
• Adj: rightly so called; examples: "true courage", "a spirit which true men have always admired", "a true friend"
• Adj: determined with reference to the earth's axis rather than the magnetic poles; example: "true north is geographic north"
• Adj: having a legally established claim; examples: "the legitimate heir", "the true and lawful king"
• Adj: in tune; accurate in pitch; example: "a true note"
• Adj: accurately fitted; level; example: "the window frame isn't quite true"
• Adv: as acknowledged; example: "true, she is the smartest in her class"
In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true.
The trite answer is that everything is true but none of it happened. It is emotionally true, but the events, the plotting, the narrative, isn't true of my life, though I've experienced most of the emotions experienced by the characters in the play.
We seek true individuality and the true individuals. But we find them not. For lo, we mortals see what our poor eyes can see; and they, the true individuals, - they belong not to this world of our merely human sense and thought.
Whatever one believes to be true either is true or becomes true in one's mind.
There are no hard distinctions between what is real and what is unreal, nor between what is true and what is false. A thing is not necessarily either true or false; it can be both true and false.
True freedom is where an individual's thoughts and actions are in alignment with that which is true, correct, and of honor - no matter the personal price.
True freedom is the capacity for acting according to one's true character, to be altogether one's self, to be self-determined and not subject to outside coercion.
People are at their happiest if they are true to themselves. I think that applies to their chosen profession, friends and relationships. It goes for your health too. If you are true to yourself, it seems to me everything should work out pretty well.
We are a country that has many friends, many allies, when we operate in the world, we operate with friends and allies that's been true for decades and if we wind up going to war in Iraq it will be true in Iraq.
What is true of Mr. Mill's influence on the women's-suffrage question is true also of the other political movements in which he took an active interest.
I think that you can fall into bad habits with comedy... It's a tightrope to stay true to the character, true to the irony, and allow the irony to happen.
It's kind of true that they just start making the same movie over and over again. It's also true that the times dictate what kind of movies get made and what kind are not. So I'm always looking for something that's a little fresh and something that I haven't seen before.
Just stay true to yourself and true to wut you believe.
True love is quiescent, except in the nascent moments of true humility.
Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.
To be ambitious of true honor, of the true glory and perfection of our natures, is the very principle and incentive of virtue.
Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself. Being true to anyone else or anything else is not only impossible, but the mark of a fake messiah.
For 180 years, we voted in English. That is the true American tradition, and this amendment is true to our heritage, not what has existed unnaturally for the last 20 years.
America is so vast that almost everything said about it is likely to be true, and the opposite is probably equally true.
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.