• Noun: a company that performs a public service; subject to government regulation
• Noun: the quality of being of practical use
• Noun: the service (electric power or water or transportation) provided by a public utility; examples: "the cost of utilities never decreases", "all the utilities were lost after the hurricane"
• Noun: (economics) a measure that is to be maximized in any situation involving choice
• Noun: (computer science) a program designed for general support of the processes of a computer; example: "a computer system provides utility programs to perform the tasks needed by most users"
• Noun: a facility composed of one or more pieces of equipment connected to or part of a structure and designed to provide a service such as heat or electricity or water or sewage disposal; example: "the price of the house included all utilities"
• Adj: used of beef; usable but inferior
• Adj: capable of substituting in any of several positions on a team; example: "a utility infielder"
The fishes are also employed for the same purpose on any yard, which happens to be sprung or fractured. Thus their form, application, and utility are exactly like those of the splinters applied to a broken limb in surgery.
In the richest country in the history of the world, this Obama economy has crushed the middle class. Family income has fallen by $4,000, but health insurance premiums are higher, food prices are higher, utility bills are higher, and gasoline prices have doubled. Today more Americans wake up in poverty than ever before.
To remove this obstacle I repeat or refer to such knowledge as has come under my notice, my own previously expressed views, and also describe and exhibit my last experiments and explain their novelty and utility.
Whenever you play dance music, it serves a function. It becomes a utility; you have to worry about the tempos and what you're going to play for people. But when you're playing for listening, you're free.
Finally, gentleman, from the considerations above mentioned, as I cannot consistently with my own honor, nor with utility to my country, considering the manner in which Business is transacted here, remain any longer in this chair, I now resign it.