Sell also: aspect, catch, consider, horizon, opinion, panorama, perspective, persuasion, position, prospect, purview, reckon, regard, scene, see, sentiment, sight, survey, thought, vista, watch
• Noun: a way of regarding situations or topics etc.; example: "consider what follows from the positivist view"
• Noun: the visual percept of a region; example: "the most desirable feature of the park are the beautiful views"
• Noun: the act of looking or seeing or observing; examples: "he tried to get a better view of it", "his survey of the battlefield was limited"
• Noun: the range of the eye; example: "they were soon out of view"
• Noun: a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty; examples: "my opinion differs from yours", "what are your thoughts on Haiti?"
• Noun: a message expressing a belief about something; the expression of a belief that is held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof; example: "his opinions appeared frequently on the editorial page"
• Noun: purpose; the phrase `with a view to' means `with the intention of' or `for the purpose of'; example: "he took the computer with a view to pawning it"
• Noun: graphic art consisting of the graphic or photographic representation of a visual percept; examples: "he painted scenes from everyday life", "figure 2 shows photographic and schematic views of the equipment"
• Noun: the range of interest or activity that can be anticipated; example: "It is beyond the horizon of present knowledge"
• Noun: outward appearance; example: "they look the same in outward view"
• Verb: deem to be; examples: "She views this quite differently from me", "I consider her to be shallow", "I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
• Verb: look at carefully; study mentally; example: "view a problem"
• Verb: see or watch; examples: "view a show on television", "This program will be seen all over the world", "view an exhibition", "Catch a show on Broadway", "see a movie"
So I wanted to explore all points of view of that, not just the girl's but his point of view as well. Only by directing it could I explore all the points of view.
Obama specializes in knocking down straw men. "I reject the view that says our problems will simply take care of themselves," he said, implying that's the view of Republicans. It's the view of almost no one.
As the earth spins through space, a view from above the North Pole would encompass most of the wealth of the world - most of its food, productive machines, doctors, engineers and teachers. A view from the opposite pole would encompass most of the world's poor.
And poets, in my view, and I think the view of most people, do speak God's language - it's better, it's finer, it's language on a higher plane than ordinary people speak in their daily lives.
I never do a full outline, and if I did, I would not feel bound to it, because the view from inside a scene can be different from the view outside it. But neither do I just start writing and see what happens; I am far more disciplined than that.
Skiers view snowboarders as a menace; snowboarders view skiers as Elmer Fudd.
The writer needs to react to his or her own internal universe, to his or her own point of view. If he or she doesn't have a personal point of view, it's impossible to be a creator.
There is no essential difference between the material of comedy and tragedy. All depends on the point of view of the dramatist, which, by clever emphasis, he tries to make the point of view of his audience.
Look, there is a sort of old view about class which is a very simplistic view that we have got the working class, the middle class and the upper class, I think it is more complicated than that.
God reigns when we take a liberal view, when a liberal view is presented to us.
One has to work for years and decades, to conduct negotiations, to stand for positions and points of view, to jointly develop a civilized view on the administrative and state organization of Chechnya.
But I am sure also that from a political point of view, and from a social point of view the federal link, without infringing the sovereignty of any of the nations which might take part in such as association, could be beneficial.
The most fatal illusion is the narrow point of view. Since life is growth and motion, a fixed point of view kills anybody who has one.
Many will view the compromises that will be made during your negotiations as painful concessions. But why not view them as peace offerings, ones that will provide in return the priceless gifts of hope, security and freedom for our children and our children's?
Don't get involved in partial problems, but always take flight to where there is a free view over the whole single great problem, even if this view is still not a clear one.
I believe marriage should be between one man and one woman. That's my view, and that'll be the view of our state because I wouldn't sign a bill that - like the one that was in New York.
If you tailor your news viewing so that you only get one point of view, well of course you're going to think somebody else has got a different point of view, and it may be wrong.
I view advertising as being this romanticizing element that helps us appreciate, understand and enjoy how remarkable it is that we've been able to do so much, and learn so much. I view it as really vital, even though sometimes it can be really annoying.
Perhaps the time has come to cease calling it the "environmentalist" view, as though it were a lobbying effort outside the mainstream of human activity, and to start calling it the real-world view.
We will act consistently with our view of who we truly are, whether that view is accurate or not.