• Noun: a state of extreme poverty
• Noun: the state of needing something that is absent or unavailable; examples: "there is a serious lack of insight into the problem", "water is the critical deficiency in desert regions", "for want of a nail the shoe was lost"
• Noun: anything that is necessary but lacking; examples: "he had sufficient means to meet his simple needs", "I tried to supply his wants"
• Noun: a specific feeling of desire; examples: "he got his wish", "he was above all wishing and desire"
• Verb: feel or have a desire for; want strongly; examples: "I want to go home now", "I want my own room"
• Verb: have need of; example: "This piano wants the attention of a competent tuner"
• Verb: wish or demand the presence of; example: "I want you here at noon!"
• Verb: hunt or look for; want for a particular reason; examples: "Your former neighbor is wanted by the FBI", "Uncle Sam wants you"
• Verb: be without, lack; be deficient in; examples: "want courtesy", "want the strength to go on living", "flood victims wanting food and shelter"
I want to be scared. I want to keep taking insane risks. I want to be scared because you're going to grow through that whether you want to or not. I don't want to play the same guy. I want to keep throwing curveballs to you guys and keep telling stories.
I'm going to continue doing what I want to do. And if it means I want to go and make a big movie, if it has something to say, I will want to make it. I don't want to spend my life wasting my time. If it's a big movie, I want to do it. If it's a small movie, I want to do it.
No matter what as an artist that's always what you want to do, you want to connect to the audience, you want to be able to send whatever message it is that you're singing about, you want to be able to convey that - and not make them feel - you want them to feel it, you want them to feel what you feel.
I want to be around for a long time. I want this to be a career. I want to sing like Tony Bennett. I want to be an old man and I want to go through all the ups and downs and I wanna still love what I do.
Business is war. I go out there, I want to kill the competitors. I want to make their lives miserable. I want to steal their market share. I want them to fear me and I want everyone on my team thinking we're going to win.
Then finally I said, 'Okay, well, I want to know all the details. I want creative input. I want to be consulted. I want to know what they're doing and who's involved. And I want to see the space.' So they took me to see it, and then I realized it was major! All these red flags on the Rue de Rivoli with my name on them right by the Louvre!
I want a world without war, a world without insanity. I want to see people do well. I don't even think it's as much as what I want for myself. It's more what I want for the people around me. That's what I want.
The people who go get an LL album want to hear LL. They don't want to hear LL trying to sound like DMX or whoever else is out there. That's not what they want to hear from me, because if they want to hear that they can go get the real thing.
I hate acting when I see it. I don't want to feel it, I don't want to see it, I want to be taken away with the story - I don't want the actor's ego in front of me. That's what I try to live when I do the work.
I mean, when you've had a problem in your past, whether it's attributed directly to high cholesterol or not, you want to lower your cholesterol. You want to eat healthy. You want to feel healthy. You want to have a little more energy.
New York has always had a love for Southern artists. There's no place else that makes me feel like the city does. I just love the immediate nature of the city, you can get whatever you want whenever you want it and do whatever you want whenever you want to.