• Noun: how something is done or how it happens; examples: "her dignified manner", "his rapid manner of talking", "their nomadic mode of existence", "in the characteristic New York style", "a lonely way of life", "in an abrasive fashion"
• Noun: how a result is obtained or an end is achieved; examples: "a means of control", "an example is the best agency of instruction", "the true way to success"
• Noun: a journey or passage; example: "they are on the way"
• Noun: the condition of things generally; examples: "that's the way it is", "I felt the same way"
• Noun: a course of conduct; examples: "the path of virtue", "we went our separate ways", "our paths in life led us apart", "genius usually follows a revolutionary path"
• Noun: any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another; example: "he said he was looking for the way out"
• Noun: a line leading to a place or point; examples: "he looked the other direction", "didn't know the way home"
• Noun: the property of distance in general; examples: "it's a long way to Moscow", "he went a long ways"
• Noun: doing as one pleases or chooses; example: "if I had my way"
• Noun: a general category of things; used in the expression `in the way of'; example: "they didn't have much in the way of clothing"
• Noun: space for movement; examples: "room to pass", "make way for", "hardly enough elbow room to turn around"
• Noun: a portion of something divided into shares; example: "the split the loot three ways"
• Adv: to a great degree or by a great distance; very much (`right smart' is regional in the United States); examples: "way over budget", "way off base", "the other side of the hill is right smart steeper than the side we are on"
We make programming decisions on a day-to-day basis. We sell advertising on a day-to-day basis. This is the way networks operate. This is the way all television stations operate. This is the way most businesses operate when you have a number of affiliates or a number of franchises. It's the way the business operates.
In other words, if a teacher only teaches in one way, then they conclude that the kids who can't learn well that way don't have the ability, when, in fact, it may be that the way the teacher's teaching is not a particularly good match to the way those kids learn.
I love my kids, and the moments I have with them, and it's kind of weird, it's such an age old cliche, but the way that my sons, the way they make me feel when I look at them, the way they say things, no one else would probably react to them, but it's a special thing for me.
There's a way of playing safe, there's a way of using tricks and there's the way I like to play which is dangerously where you're going to take a chance on making mistakes in order to create something you haven't created before.
You know, this is really a way of cooking. It's not my way. I'm deeply influenced by the Mediterranean way of being. I've spent a lot of time there. And I've sort of translated it; I've tried to make it available to people in this country to whom it might not be familiar.
I've done my best to work from a place of humility - always looking over your shoulder saying, "Does this suck?" and I think that's a good way to work. The other way to work is where you start to think, "I'm on fire, I'm amazing!" and I don't think that's the way to work.
The way we make sense of a realistic text is through the same broad ideological frame as the way we make sense of our social experience or rather, the way we are made sense of by the discourses of our culture.
Just a whole different style, just a whole different way of going about an audience and a way about skating. And they are so brilliant in their own way, which is great, and that's what Brian was saying; is the styles are different, and it's the whole mentality.
Owners, the way they blackballed me from baseball, the way they used me, in a sense, and then the way they wanted to send a signal to the other players, saying, you know, we're going to get Jose Canseco out of the game. This is a cue or a message for you other guys to stop using steroids because the owners lost total control of the steroid use.