• Noun: how something is done or how it happens; examples: "her dignified manner", "his rapid manner of talking", "their nomadic mode of existence", "in the characteristic New York style", "a lonely way of life", "in an abrasive fashion"
• Noun: how a result is obtained or an end is achieved; examples: "a means of control", "an example is the best agency of instruction", "the true way to success"
• Noun: a journey or passage; example: "they are on the way"
• Noun: the condition of things generally; examples: "that's the way it is", "I felt the same way"
• Noun: a course of conduct; examples: "the path of virtue", "we went our separate ways", "our paths in life led us apart", "genius usually follows a revolutionary path"
• Noun: any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another; example: "he said he was looking for the way out"
• Noun: a line leading to a place or point; examples: "he looked the other direction", "didn't know the way home"
• Noun: the property of distance in general; examples: "it's a long way to Moscow", "he went a long ways"
• Noun: doing as one pleases or chooses; example: "if I had my way"
• Noun: a general category of things; used in the expression `in the way of'; example: "they didn't have much in the way of clothing"
• Noun: space for movement; examples: "room to pass", "make way for", "hardly enough elbow room to turn around"
• Noun: a portion of something divided into shares; example: "the split the loot three ways"
• Adv: to a great degree or by a great distance; very much (`right smart' is regional in the United States); examples: "way over budget", "way off base", "the other side of the hill is right smart steeper than the side we are on"
In other words, if a teacher only teaches in one way, then they conclude that the kids who can't learn well that way don't have the ability, when, in fact, it may be that the way the teacher's teaching is not a particularly good match to the way those kids learn.
We make programming decisions on a day-to-day basis. We sell advertising on a day-to-day basis. This is the way networks operate. This is the way all television stations operate. This is the way most businesses operate when you have a number of affiliates or a number of franchises. It's the way the business operates.
I've done my best to work from a place of humility - always looking over your shoulder saying, "Does this suck?" and I think that's a good way to work. The other way to work is where you start to think, "I'm on fire, I'm amazing!" and I don't think that's the way to work.
There are two ways to go when you hit that crossroads in your life: There is the bad way, when you sort of give up, and then there is the really hard way, when you fight back. I went the hard way and came out of it okay. Now, I'm sitting here and doing great.
I'm aware that most people who meet me for the first time think of me in a certain way because of who my father is. That just comes with the territory. But that's been that way ever since I was a little kid as long as I can remember. I grew up that way.
I think every once in a while country has lost its way, but found its way back. It's always going to drift away from the traditional side, but then find a way to return. There's room for all kinds of influences be it pop, blues, gospel or whatever. But I will always say that I think we need more traditional country music coming down the pike.
The maxim, that governments ought to train the people in the way in which they should go, sounds well. But is there any reason for believing that a government is more likely to lead the people in the right way than the people to fall into the right way of themselves?
My own view of this, by the way, is, if the war on terrorism is successful over time, in its own way it's going to box Saddam in in a way that's going to make it much more difficult for him to maintain his power, and that he's going to become increasingly isolated. I think that's going to take time.
I ain't here to argue about his facial features. Or here to convert atheists into believers. I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers the way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way yall need Jesus.
If you live in Israel and you see the way life is there and then you go abroad and see the way Israel is reported on, the way that Israel gets reported on night after night is simply pictures of bombings or military actions.