• Noun: how something is done or how it happens; examples: "her dignified manner", "his rapid manner of talking", "their nomadic mode of existence", "in the characteristic New York style", "a lonely way of life", "in an abrasive fashion"
• Noun: how a result is obtained or an end is achieved; examples: "a means of control", "an example is the best agency of instruction", "the true way to success"
• Noun: a journey or passage; example: "they are on the way"
• Noun: the condition of things generally; examples: "that's the way it is", "I felt the same way"
• Noun: a course of conduct; examples: "the path of virtue", "we went our separate ways", "our paths in life led us apart", "genius usually follows a revolutionary path"
• Noun: any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another; example: "he said he was looking for the way out"
• Noun: a line leading to a place or point; examples: "he looked the other direction", "didn't know the way home"
• Noun: the property of distance in general; examples: "it's a long way to Moscow", "he went a long ways"
• Noun: doing as one pleases or chooses; example: "if I had my way"
• Noun: a general category of things; used in the expression `in the way of'; example: "they didn't have much in the way of clothing"
• Noun: space for movement; examples: "room to pass", "make way for", "hardly enough elbow room to turn around"
• Noun: a portion of something divided into shares; example: "the split the loot three ways"
• Adv: to a great degree or by a great distance; very much (`right smart' is regional in the United States); examples: "way over budget", "way off base", "the other side of the hill is right smart steeper than the side we are on"
We make programming decisions on a day-to-day basis. We sell advertising on a day-to-day basis. This is the way networks operate. This is the way all television stations operate. This is the way most businesses operate when you have a number of affiliates or a number of franchises. It's the way the business operates.
In other words, if a teacher only teaches in one way, then they conclude that the kids who can't learn well that way don't have the ability, when, in fact, it may be that the way the teacher's teaching is not a particularly good match to the way those kids learn.
You know, this is really a way of cooking. It's not my way. I'm deeply influenced by the Mediterranean way of being. I've spent a lot of time there. And I've sort of translated it; I've tried to make it available to people in this country to whom it might not be familiar.
I think every once in a while country has lost its way, but found its way back. It's always going to drift away from the traditional side, but then find a way to return. There's room for all kinds of influences be it pop, blues, gospel or whatever. But I will always say that I think we need more traditional country music coming down the pike.
Owners, the way they blackballed me from baseball, the way they used me, in a sense, and then the way they wanted to send a signal to the other players, saying, you know, we're going to get Jose Canseco out of the game. This is a cue or a message for you other guys to stop using steroids because the owners lost total control of the steroid use.
I don't think, there's no possible way for me, anyway, to play a character that I haven't found some sort of sublime compassion for and I related to Deborah on a way that almost, initially, almost in a way maybe someone in the audience might.
Forty-two years ago, I came to America from communist Cuba so I might have a better way of life, a freer way of life - a more democratic way of life. I wanted to live the American Dream where if you worked hard and put your mind to the task, anything was possible.
To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is.
I saw music as a way to entertain people and take them away from their daily lives and put smiles on their faces, as opposed to what I see it being now, which is a way for me to actually communicate, and a way for me to tap into my subconscious.
'Party Down' is the most fun I've ever had working in my life. We shoot 10-episode seasons and we shoot it in 10 weeks, so it's very brief: 4-day episode shoots. You never get sick of anybody, and it never feels like a drag. It's way, way, way too short.