Sell also: agency, direction, fashion, manner, means, mode, path, room, style
• Noun: how something is done or how it happens; examples: "her dignified manner", "his rapid manner of talking", "their nomadic mode of existence", "in the characteristic New York style", "a lonely way of life", "in an abrasive fashion"
• Noun: how a result is obtained or an end is achieved; examples: "a means of control", "an example is the best agency of instruction", "the true way to success"
• Noun: a journey or passage; example: "they are on the way"
• Noun: the condition of things generally; examples: "that's the way it is", "I felt the same way"
• Noun: a course of conduct; examples: "the path of virtue", "we went our separate ways", "our paths in life led us apart", "genius usually follows a revolutionary path"
• Noun: any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another; example: "he said he was looking for the way out"
• Noun: a line leading to a place or point; examples: "he looked the other direction", "didn't know the way home"
• Noun: the property of distance in general; examples: "it's a long way to Moscow", "he went a long ways"
• Noun: doing as one pleases or chooses; example: "if I had my way"
• Noun: a general category of things; used in the expression `in the way of'; example: "they didn't have much in the way of clothing"
• Noun: space for movement; examples: "room to pass", "make way for", "hardly enough elbow room to turn around"
• Noun: a portion of something divided into shares; example: "the split the loot three ways"
• Adv: to a great degree or by a great distance; very much (`right smart' is regional in the United States); examples: "way over budget", "way off base", "the other side of the hill is right smart steeper than the side we are on"
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
It was a way out of poverty. It was a way to success. It was a way to education. And it was a way to a brighter day for me.
I think theatricality is just one way of performing. I don't think it's a better way or the way, but it's my way.
When war comes, two things happen - profits go way, way up and all perishables go way, way down. There becomes a market for them.
In other words, if a teacher only teaches in one way, then they conclude that the kids who can't learn well that way don't have the ability, when, in fact, it may be that the way the teacher's teaching is not a particularly good match to the way those kids learn.
There's no way I set out to be a certain kind of symbol - the way I dress is the way I am, the way I live my life.
We make programming decisions on a day-to-day basis. We sell advertising on a day-to-day basis. This is the way networks operate. This is the way all television stations operate. This is the way most businesses operate when you have a number of affiliates or a number of franchises. It's the way the business operates.
What you're doing is putting into professional play the way that you relate to other people, the way that you analyze and relate to a written text, the way that you would persuade anybody to do anything. It has to do with listening, with humility and a sense of yourself.
I'm never a person who likes anything I've done. It's just the way it is. Twenty years later, I can look at something I did, and I'm still thinking, 'You know, that could have been better if you had done it this way or that way.
I think every once in a while country has lost its way, but found its way back. It's always going to drift away from the traditional side, but then find a way to return. There's room for all kinds of influences be it pop, blues, gospel or whatever. But I will always say that I think we need more traditional country music coming down the pike.
Art is the beautiful way of doing things. Science is the effective way of doing things. Business is the economic way of doing things.
The way we make sense of a realistic text is through the same broad ideological frame as the way we make sense of our social experience or rather, the way we are made sense of by the discourses of our culture.
I ain't here to argue about his facial features. Or here to convert atheists into believers. I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers the way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way yall need Jesus.
The way you see people is the way you treat them, and the way you treat them is what they become.
We're way too much the same person, Larry. I mean, you know, way too much the same person. We have basically the same attitudes, desires, drives. And we see ourselves the same way.
I don't have many people showing up at my door. Very few people come out. When they do, I get a little suspicious. I live way up on a hill, way, way back in the country.
The best way to deal with that is to live in a fully conscious, compassionate, loving way. Don't wait until you're on your deathbed to recognize that this is the only way to live.
Forty-two years ago, I came to America from communist Cuba so I might have a better way of life, a freer way of life - a more democratic way of life. I wanted to live the American Dream where if you worked hard and put your mind to the task, anything was possible.
I limited myself to introduce a change in my way of thinking and the way I see things. When I look at my child, I do it in a different way then when I'm contemplating a chair. They are different... the child is a living being, and the chair is an object.
I did what I could to inflate the rumor I was on my way to stardom. What I was on my way to, by any mathematical standards known to man, was oblivion, by way of obscurity.