• Noun: how something is done or how it happens; examples: "her dignified manner", "his rapid manner of talking", "their nomadic mode of existence", "in the characteristic New York style", "a lonely way of life", "in an abrasive fashion"
• Noun: how a result is obtained or an end is achieved; examples: "a means of control", "an example is the best agency of instruction", "the true way to success"
• Noun: a journey or passage; example: "they are on the way"
• Noun: the condition of things generally; examples: "that's the way it is", "I felt the same way"
• Noun: a course of conduct; examples: "the path of virtue", "we went our separate ways", "our paths in life led us apart", "genius usually follows a revolutionary path"
• Noun: any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another; example: "he said he was looking for the way out"
• Noun: a line leading to a place or point; examples: "he looked the other direction", "didn't know the way home"
• Noun: the property of distance in general; examples: "it's a long way to Moscow", "he went a long ways"
• Noun: doing as one pleases or chooses; example: "if I had my way"
• Noun: a general category of things; used in the expression `in the way of'; example: "they didn't have much in the way of clothing"
• Noun: space for movement; examples: "room to pass", "make way for", "hardly enough elbow room to turn around"
• Noun: a portion of something divided into shares; example: "the split the loot three ways"
• Adv: to a great degree or by a great distance; very much (`right smart' is regional in the United States); examples: "way over budget", "way off base", "the other side of the hill is right smart steeper than the side we are on"
We make programming decisions on a day-to-day basis. We sell advertising on a day-to-day basis. This is the way networks operate. This is the way all television stations operate. This is the way most businesses operate when you have a number of affiliates or a number of franchises. It's the way the business operates.
In other words, if a teacher only teaches in one way, then they conclude that the kids who can't learn well that way don't have the ability, when, in fact, it may be that the way the teacher's teaching is not a particularly good match to the way those kids learn.
I'm never a person who likes anything I've done. It's just the way it is. Twenty years later, I can look at something I did, and I'm still thinking, 'You know, that could have been better if you had done it this way or that way.
Princess Rose should indeed be a TV movie, assuming something doesn't go wrong. I don't know how good a movie it will be, because the way movie folk think is different from the way writers think, and I distrust what isn't done my way. This is what I call a healthy paranoia.
There's a way of playing safe, there's a way of using tricks and there's the way I like to play which is dangerously where you're going to take a chance on making mistakes in order to create something you haven't created before.
I'm aware that most people who meet me for the first time think of me in a certain way because of who my father is. That just comes with the territory. But that's been that way ever since I was a little kid as long as I can remember. I grew up that way.
Oh, yeah. I know Dizzy. For years he's been my buddy way, way, way back. Dizzy is one of the most astute guys and one of the most learned guys in the world and knows exactly what he's doing musically.