• Noun: any immature animal
• Noun: United States film and television actress (1913-2000)
• Noun: British physicist and Egyptologist; he revived the wave theory of light and proposed a three-component theory of color vision; he also played an important role in deciphering the hieroglyphics on the Rosetta Stone (1773-1829)
• Noun: United States jazz tenor saxophonist (1909-1959)
• Noun: English poet (1683-1765)
• Noun: United States baseball player and famous pitcher (1867-1955)
• Noun: United States religious leader of the Mormon Church after the assassination of Joseph Smith; he led the Mormon exodus from Illinois to Salt Lake City, Utah (1801-1877)
• Noun: young people collectively; examples: "rock music appeals to the young", "youth everywhere rises in revolt"
• Adj: (used of living things especially persons) in an early period of life or development or growth; example: "young people"
• Adj: (of crops) harvested at an early stage of development; before complete maturity; examples: "new potatoes", "young corn"
• Adj: suggestive of youth; vigorous and fresh; example: "he is young for his age"
• Adj: being in its early stage; examples: "a young industry", "the day is still young"
• Adj: not tried or tested by experience; examples: "unseasoned artillery volunteers", "still untested in battle", "an illustrator untried in mural painting", "a young hand at plowing"
The action genre is kind of designed for a young male audience. But we found on 'The Matrix' that we hit the Valhalla of movie making, which is the four quadrant audience - the young male audience, the older male audience, the young female audience and the older female audience.
It's difficult for a young girl like me. Because there's a certain time for young actresses, which is like a really juicy period when all the parts are love interests and young heroines. Of course, there's always work for men whatever age they are.
If we became students of Malcolm X, we would not have young black men out there killing each other like they're killing each other now. Young black men would not be impregnating young black women at the rate going on now. We'd not have the drugs we have now, or the alcoholism.
I am perhaps the oldest musician in the world. I am an old man but in many senses a very young man. And this is what I want you to be, young, young all your life, and to say things to the world that are true.
Most of the people who get sent to die in wars are young men who've got a lot of energy and would probably rather, in a better world, be putting that energy into copulation rather than going over there and blowing some other young man's guts out.
My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people.
Nothing is more beautiful than the love that has weathered the storms of life. The love of the young for the young, that is the beginning of life. But the love of the old for the old, that is the beginning of things longer.
Anyone interested in the world generally can't help being interested in young adult culture - in the music, the bands, the books, the fashions, and the way in which the young adult community develops its own language.
What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.